You know those things in life that just make you feel lucky?
You know - like you must be the only person in the world who has it so good. Like, how in the world does this get to be a part of my life?
Well that's how these girls make me feel.
About a year ago I was asked to lead a Bible study for these lovely ladies. I remember initially laughing.
You see, this is a group of Tri-Delts from the University of Texas.
Hi, I am an Aggie. Not only do I love my university, but I also had no part in a sorority while I was there.
Though I have no problem with Longhorns or sorority girls, I would never have put myself in either category.
This is how we know that God knows us better than we know ourselves (Frankly, the best news I've heard all month).
So this year I've found myself sitting in the living room of a house with three strange triangles on the front, on the campus of the University of Texas once a week - amazed.
Amazed at how well God knows me.
Amazed at how connected I felt to these girls.
Amazed at how much talking to them about God helped us all to know him better.
The Lord's so faithful to put us exactly where we need to be. Praise God for that.
A couple weeks ago we celebrated our last time together at my house before they all scurry off for the summer. It's really exciting to think of how God designed us to "go out" from here. There will be several girls serving kids and families at camp, a few overseas studying, working and loving on new friends, a couple at home with their families, a few still sticking around here, and even some starting their brand new grown-up jobs...saying goodbye to college forever.
I'll miss my friends.
I'm just so thankful to God for his goodness. Who knew I'd be so lucky?


1 comment:
Jessica- I love this and couldn't be more excited for each of those girls to learn from/with you!
Post a Comment