July 28, 2008

Jessi it is!

**This post should be read with The Darkness' I Believe in a Thing Called Love
playing as background music to set the appropriate mood**


Until I was a teenager, my friends and family called me Jessi.

Today most stick with Jessica, Jess or Schmale with the occasional Jecca or Schmalz thrown in.

But not when I was a kid. Nope...mom and dad called me Jessi, Rachel called me Jessi, Ben called me Jessi, therefore, every forever family friend to this day calls me Jessi.

This weekend's wedding was a reunion of sorts. It included all sorts of forever family friends. As Jaime and Andy wed, old friends and family watched, laughed and DANCED!

and so "Jessi" I was!

**cue the music**

Here's one of the gorgeous bride and groom with Emily. Turns out this is the only one I got of the two of them all night. Don't they look incredible?! Jaime, I'm so excited for you, and it was such a blessing to be a part of your day.




Of course my soul sisters were there to dance, sing, laugh obnoxiously and make other guests feel awkward.


Over the course of our lives, I've probably spent more time laughing with these women than I have with anyone else...I'm almost certain.



My sweet Leah B.


Having history with people is so special. Jaime and Rachel have been friends for so long. How fun is it to stand in each others weddings when you've walked through so much life together?


I can't even look at this photo without smiling. I am who I am because of them. Family minus Ben, plus Mr. Chris (my second dad)

Daddy, daughter love! Incidentally, Ashley is Brianah Love's mama


The F-O-B danced with me when I was in diapers. It was so fun to dance again today.



Dad took Rach and I both for a stroll on the dance floor as well. All I gotta say is...he sure can cut a rug!!!



Finally, I'll leave you with these divas to feast your eyes on. Look out, Paris and Nicky!

Before I close this post, I feel like I should point out what I hope is obvious...
I didn't take all of these photos.
Thanks for tuning in folks,
jessi

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

could i use Jessi? I'm into bringin back old nicknames. love the pics. you should go into photography!

Anonymous said...

Jessi...I CAN'T believe you called our laughs "obnoxious"?!?!?!?! But making other people feel awkward is our specialty :)