There is nothing in my blog's "about me" section because I feel like these are silly. I have opened my profile a few times to write something, but everytime I end with the same conclusion...a blinking cursor followed and preceded by blank space. You'll find this to be true on facebook, myspace and anything else that requires a bio. It's not that I don't like talking about me...in fact, I have no problem at all with it. As is true for most humans, I feel great talking about me. I could talk about me all day. I could talk about me here or there. I could talk about me anywhere....
But writing about me is different. Somehow it feels more permanent. People can read it and re-read it and criticize it and hold me to it. Something about that makes me cringe.
Here in lies a problem...
My good friend Erin asked me to write 60 facts about myself on my blog. At first I refused...
Then she asked again...
and again...
and again...
So I finally gave in. I know I'm a sucker.
But, I've decided to spread these 60 facts out over a few posts. Sixty's a lot and I'm not sure I can come up with that many at all let alone right now.
And what better way to secure blog readership than to leave my blogfollowers sitting on the edge of their seat waiting for more JL facts? Ha. Riight.
So here you are, Erin:
1. I’ve never broken a bone (now’s when some would knock on wood).
2. I’m obsessed with bright colors – I just love ‘em…particularly teal and orange right now, but any bright colors will due.
3. I was born via natural birth – nu uh no drugs for my mama.
4. I’m a middle kid – and suffering from the syndrome for sure.
5. I’m from Friendswood, TX and in highschool I attended Friendswood Friends Church…some would say that makes me a friendly person.
6. Believe it or not, I’m a pretty huge Bush fan – maybe the last one standing, but I am. I had a cardboard cut out of him in my living room in college.
7. I love outside….one of my favorite things to do on a fall or spring (weather pending) day is to get a blanket and lay at the park reading a GREAT book (probably a novel), but I also love to hike, play in the water, watch the stars, camp, etc.
8. I sucked my left thumb until I was 8…ok 13.
9. I love to travel – airports and hotels are my favorite.
10. I have three amazing sets of grandparents – Grandma and Grandpa, Mammy and Pappy & Granny and Papa (pronounced pawpaw)
11. I love Peanut Butter – Peter Pan Reduced Fat – so good!!!
12. As much as I love to travel…there’s no place like home for me…my bed is my FAVORITE!
13. I’ve always wished I had to wear glasses…even just to read. In high school I wore fake ones often.
14. I had my nose pierced in college.
15. I function out of passion/emotion – almost to a fault.
16. I dream of having beautiful handwriting – unfortunately mine is TERRIBLY inconsistent – ugh.
17. In 2007 I was fortunate enough to set foot in 5 continents.
18. I dream of being the first lady one day, but I also dream of living a quiet life in the country on a ranch.
19. I’m afraid I’m an open book. Some may call it verbal processing…I call it honest to a fault. My parents say I’ve been this way since I was little. They would send me to a friend’s house and the next thing they knew the entire neighborhood would know the details of our family arguments, how my parents felt about our neighbor’s dog and the color of my mom’s underwear. One time in second grade a girl came to my birthday party and gave me potpouri - the dried leaves kind -as a gift (who gives potpouri to a 7 year old?), my response was honest…I said, “Thanks, this is a great gift for my mom. She’ll use it in our living room.” Yep - no mystery here!
20. As a result of #8 my four front teeth are vinears (caps over my actual teeth).
more to come...
js
4 comments:
I am sitting on the edge of my chair in anticipation for part II and part III. yippee.
I like this post for multiple reasons:
1. I like Erin so I'm going to like what she suggests
2. I like you so I like learning/thinking about you
3. I like the introspection you have to do in order to think of 60 things and...
4. being the idea that it would be fun to do this in reverse - have someone write 60 facts about you. At least on my part, I think it would be enlightening/humbling to have someone else that knows you well give you a glimpse into what they see.
can't wait for the next post :) and this weekend!
So am I to take it that you think derrickoliver.com/about to be silly??
Also, I like Stephanie's idea. This game in reverse. That'd be fun. Fun like that time we all took personality tests in your living room. Man. We were awesome.
I think I knew almost all of those about you!! Hurray, does that mean we can keep on being friends?!
Well, if that doesn't, I also was born via natural birth and am a middle child that is suffering from it terribly. I've also been an open book, had my nose pierced and wish for good handwriting. BUT, in college I wanted so bad to have Schmale handwriting... I think your handwriting is great!!! There were more.... but basically, if we were in the same state I would stalk you friend. love you
Post a Comment