March 3, 2009

Molly Prothro

Julie, one of my very best friends in the world was married almost a year and a half ago (her new name is Prothro).

As she and her husband have established life here in Austin, it's been really neat for me to watch their marriage grow.

It's like they're for real life grown ups now - doing all these things that only adults do, you know? They bought a house. They bought a refrigerator. They're studying* because they WANT to. They even got a hot tub of their own.

Because they're so grown up...and I'm so far from growing up, I've been bugging Evan and Julie to have babies for awhile now - almost since the day they returned from their honeymoon.

They HATE it!

They don't want kids yet.

I want them to have kids now.

They don't care.

So...

They got a dog.

She's a black mouth cur.

Her name's Molly.

I think they named her that after me**.

Molly 8

Molly 9

Molly 2

Molly 7

Molly 4

Molly 5

Molly 3

Molly 1

Molly 6

Hopefully sooner than later there will be a post here of a real-life human baby Prothro. Until then, Molly will have to hold me over.

She is pretty adorable, after all.

*Evan's a great gift giver. He bought Julie Rosetta Stone for her birthday. She's gonna be bilingual. Molly was Julie's Valentine's Day gift.

**Last name = Schmale (pronounced sh-molly), see!



6 comments:

CASEY said...

VERY cute pictures! Such talent, Jess!

Erin Mills said...

Two bullet points:

- Jess, you underestimate your photography. It is amazing.
- Nice to meet you Molly Prothro. You are by far one of the cutest puppies!!

prothro said...

I love this!!! You could be a professional puppy photographer! You're so wonderful, I love you dearly!

Jamie Lapeyrolerie said...

An insanely cute puppy!! Great pics! What len(s) did you use? Me gusta!

Brad Wilcox said...

Yayyy Molly!
My newest favorite Prothro*


*redundant

Sarah said...

o-m-g Jecca! great pics as always.

love seeing life through your lens. :)

julie, evan--that is by far one of the cutest dogs of ALL time.