August 10, 2008

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

I have to confess, Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants is one of my favorite movies.

I never read the books, which I've heard are better than the movies - of course, but I have seen the movies. And they are so good.

I love feel good movies! I don't know, maybe it's the mere fact that they are unrealistic that makes me love them. It's sort of an escape from reality.

But not this one. I know why I love these movies.

I love these movies because they remind me so much of my BLESSED sisterhood.

Anyone who knows me well knows that I am lucky to have some amazing friends.

I have lots of amazing friends, but today there are five that stick out in my mind.

Claire, Hayley, Lauren, Brookie & Sarah

As I watched Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 this past weekend I cried.

I cried about timing and distance and a freaking pair of pants that seemed to make both of those things ok.

No, we don't have a pair of pants (though sometimes I think we should), but as we walk through this season of life that includes distance and change I'm so thankful to know that God's work is being done through my best friends.

Though we're continents apart, I have lasting memories that make me feel like we're close.

These friends are my sweet picture of community the way the Lord intended it to be.

While we were able to live together and fight battles for one another in the same town for four years, we went out to Judea (Dallas/Austin), Samaria (Italy/Boone), & even to the ends of the earth (Thailand).

I can't wait for the years of weddings, families & vacations ahead. There are so many more lasting memories in store...and we don't even need a pair of pants.

Chicks, I love you and can't wait to watch Sisterhood with you one day. We can laugh and cry and thank God for what he's given us. Praying for you always.

js


5 comments:

Brooke said...

aaawwww... i love you, my chicks!

3 months and counting...

Sarah said...

we don't need no stinkin' pants.

i just said that with a hispanic accent.
go ahead, replay it in your mind.

jess, i love you.
i needed this right now--in this moment.

i am sitting here watching michael phelps do ridiculous things every night and thinking, "man my life is lame."

and then you remind me that i have one of the sweetest things EVER. true friends.

if i could move at super human speed like michael phelps i would come give you a big hug!

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

Tomorrow I say goodbye to my life here in Fort Worth. And I was sitting here tonight thinking about that moment when you guys all said goodbye on that Saturday morning...not knowing where life would take you but knowing Who was holding your hand. Isaiah 41:13 So then I come here and see this pics and I am BAWLING!!!!!!!!!!!

Claire Walker said...

Why did you have to do this to me?? I was just thinking the other day about how no one here really knows me besides Joey and then this! And I saw Pants 2 and cried my eyes out. I miss you all so much and I say we start a traveling something very very soon!

Brooke said...

sarah---- i tried the hispanic accent and I CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE?!??! mine is way too asian. i NEED to get back to texas ASAP!