Yes, it's possible.
Upon discovering the lovely gashes it left in the side of my beloved Xterra (his name is "Somewhere"), I shrugged and walked away.
It only took moments for me to begin scolding myself being such a poor steward. I don't own very many really valuable things, so damage to the few things I do own should be a substantial blow for me.
Next step, re-evaluate loss and begin FREAKING out over the damage. Tears welled up in their familiar spot, and I quickly lost it.
I sure wish I could tell you I wasn't always an emotional basket case.
I picked up my phone to call dear old dad. My plan was to ask him to scrap any birthday presents for me so he could repair the gift he gave me three years ago...the one that's faithfully served as my second home and stayed so beautiful doing so.
Before I even described the damage, my favorite man in the world calmly responded with,
"Jessi, it's just a car. We'll fix it...no problem at all."
Even the smirk I heard in his voice over how ridiculous I was being brought me comfort.
"Jessi, it's just a car. We'll fix it...no problem at all."
Even the smirk I heard in his voice over how ridiculous I was being brought me comfort.
And that's what he does...it's who he is. This man brings me comfort. No matter the circumstance he's so faithful to give me perspective and make me feel loved, protected and provided for.
Thank you, Daddy. And Happy Happy Birthday to you today! I can't begin to tell you how much I love you.

I should probably take an updated photo of us this weekend on our fun-filled family vacay to DC. This one's from one year ago Monday...sister's wedding.
Who knew this blog had been around so long...dad's birthday posts 2008 and 2009.
No comments:
Post a Comment